The General Warren Inne, built in 1745, was purchased, along with 211 acres surrounding, by Caspar Fahnestock in 1786. Fahnestock was denied entry because of his religous garb so he proceeded to Philadelphia and purchased the property from the Penn family, then returned and "surprised" the Innkeeper. His descendents owned the Inne until 1841. During the Revolution (before Fahnestock ownership) the Inne was a Tory meeting place and was called the "Admiral Warren Inne." Caspar Fahnestock changed the name to honor an American Revolutionary War hero.